missing emails

Liutauras Adomaitis adomaitis at kolabsystems.com
Thu Sep 7 07:26:52 CEST 2017

On 2017 m. rugsėjo 3 d., sekmadienis 16:39:59 EEST Sruli Saurymper wrote:
> On 03/09/17 13:41, hede wrote:
> >
> > You could check it via telnet / openssl s_client.
> >
> > Search the web for how to do so. For example:
> > openssl s_client -crlf -connect imapserver.example.com:993
> > A login imapuser imappassword
> > B select INBOX
> > C UID SEARCH FROM "somebody"
> >
> >  -> check if your mail is found
> >
> > D fetch 123 rfc822.header
> >
> >  -> if it's mail #123, then check if it's readable
> >
> > E logout
> >

> > Maybe it's marked as deleted (for examble by a spam filter like
> > mailwasher) so thunderbird and roundcube won't show it. Or the cyrus-,
> > thunderbird- and/or roundcube databases are corrupted - there are a ways
> > to fix this. (
> >
> >  thunderbird: rebuild imap tree by rebuilding the global database.
> >  cyrus: "su - cyrus; /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/reconstruct -r
> >  user/[username at domain.tld]">
> > )
> >
> > I'm just guessing - I don't have any real clue...
>
> Couldn't fetch any headers but the search found 6 emails, I have 6 in
> the Inbox, so it did not find the one in question.
> How can I check if a email has DELETED flag?

You can use:
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cyrdump <mailbox> | less
command to dump mailbox. That should also have a list of messages with deleted
flag.
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/unexpunge -l <mailbox>
command should show the list of email which are expunged from the mailbox, but
still available for recovery. Unlike as with /deleted flag, the recovery of
expunged emails can be done by Cyrus IMAP addministrator from console only.
Messages expunged from mailbox are not accessible for user via IMAP in any
way.

Liutauras