missing emails

hede kolab983 at der-he.de
Sun Sep 3 11:13:22 CEST 2017

Am Sun, 3 Sep 2017 09:37:52 +0100 schrieb Sruli Saurymper <sruli at saurymper.com>:

> I have an interesting issue, 1 of my clients is complaining that some
> emails do not come through to their mail client (thunderbird) and also
> do not show on Roundcube but they do see it when viewing their emails
> with "Mailwasher" (it's a mail filter application).
>
> I have looked at their email client (thunderbird) and roundcube and the
> email is not there, however when I checked the server
> (/var/spool/imap/domain/d/domain.com/n/user/name/) the email is clearly
> there.

did your client sort its mails by date? maybe it's a date issue. some mail programs use the envelope date, others use various "date" headers.

I've seen this effect with some spam mails with faked date headers. on some mail programs I've found affected mails at the top of the list but with others they vanished - couldn't find them. it turns out some mail headers containing a date were far in the future/past and the mail was put far away from the place I did expected them to be.

regards
hede