Kolab 16 and newer version of php than 5.4

Thomas Black thomas at krokodylci.cz
Sun Mar 26 23:19:39 CEST 2017

Hi,

just want to inform that after few more hours of doing detective work a
came across one post in forum that was telling something about that
apache basic auth is not passed to fastcgi scripts in default and has to
be allowed.

Because I can't found any error and my tries to authenticate was not in
any log (iRony, kola-syncrhotron or dirsrv). It was lost somewhere and I
didn't know where. And that was it.

So I googled more info about that one thing is needed.
Add to the apache config file of iRony and kolab-synchrotron to
Directory section:

|SetEnvIfAuthorization"(.*)"HTTP_AUTHORIZATION=$1|

Now everything is working!

Once again thanks to pointing me to RH SCL and FastCGI.

If anyone would like to configure Kolab using CGI don't forget to add
this to apache config.

Regards
Thomas