POP3/POP3S in Kolab 16

Jochen Hein jochen at jochen.org
Sun Jan 29 21:57:03 CET 2017

Martin Campbell <martin at placefarm.com> writes:

> Can I enable POP3/POP3S in Kolab 16? Do I need to do anything special
> to enable it?

You need to enable the services in /etc/cyrus.conf and restart cyrus.

Something like:
# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/lib/imap/sockets
SERVICES {
  # add or remove based on preferences
  imap          cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=5
  imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=1
  pop3          cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=3
  pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=1
  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

But my guess would be that most features of Kolab will benefit from
using Kolab-aware clients or IMAP.

Jochen
--
The only problem with troubleshooting is that the trouble shoots back.