iRony - calendar- contact issue

Pietro Vassalli p.vassalli at waterline.ch
Sun Jan 22 09:22:24 CET 2017

Hi Stefan,
I've tried several times your hint but... no luck. I can add the account
but the system is not syncing... :-(
Do you have https enabled on your sistem?
Your osx is brand new or is it un updated system?
Can you please tell me how have you added the account?
Let me know because I think that there can be something broken in my
configuration and I'm trying to find out what it is...
Regards,
Pietro

Il 2017-01-04 23:50 Stefan Meier ha scritto:

> Hi Pietro,
>
> I had exact the same problem. CardDav / CalDav works with Thunderbird (Lightning / SoGo Connector) as well as with older OS X versions (10.10.5). With 10.12.2 I was able to add the account but no calendars or contacts showed up. The Calendar App said "Für den Account „xyz" wurde kein Kalenderort angegeben" which means something like „For the account xyz no calendar location was specified". However, I do not know the exact english error message.
>
> I have tried several URIs, from the full URI with calendar ID to just /iRony/calendars but nothing helped until I discovered that with OS X 10.10 the URIs are as follows:
>
> Calendar: /iRony/principals/[your.name]@[domain.tld]/
> Contacts: /iRony/principals/[your.name]@[domain.tld]/
>
> where you have to replace [your.name]@[domain.tld] with your users' primary e-mail address. So by using the URIs with macOS 10.12.2 it solved all my problems. Contacts as well as Calendars show up like they are showing up in OS X 10.10.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Stefan
information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If
you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of
this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error
please notify WATER-LINE SA immediately. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily
reflect the views of WATER-LINE SA.