shared folder or user account

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Wed Feb 8 17:03:38 CET 2017

Hi Mike,

Am 25.01.2017 um 09:03 schrieb Michael Fischer:
> I have a question regarding shared folders:
>
> I created a shared folder named "office", with the email adress "office
> at webfischer dot at".
>
> The shared folder has "lrs" rights set to anyone by default. If I revoke
> those rights receiving emails to the folders email address is not
> possible. Does that mean rights on a shared folder have to be set in a
> manner that every user on my domain is able to see the contents of the
> shared folder for receiving emails to the shared folders email adress to
> be possible?

actually any folder where you want to receive emails has to have the p
flag. For example:

kolab lam shared/root at datenkollektiv.net
Folder shared/root at datenkollektiv.net
  p             anyone
  lrswipkxtecd  group:kollektiv

so the p for anyone ist important. The others you can set like acls for
your needs.

This should be mentioned in the kolab docs. But if you add a new shared
folder for mail this should be the default.

> I set two users as delegates for the shared folder. Is it possible for
> those to to send emails with the office adress as sender in roundcubemail?

yes it is. but maybe you have to change the kolab addressbook settings
in a manner that it searches not only ou=people but the whole base dn.
I'm not shure if this is meanwhile the default setting.

> Or is the creation of a user "office" with access rights for other users
> the path of choice?

This depends more or less on taste. Some things are possible with
accounts but not with shared folders. E.g.: sieve scripts on incoming mails.

But to have only shared folder for really shared stuff make things maybe
more clearly.

Best regards
Jan