Attention: Thunderbird 52 and Kolab 16

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Fri Apr 21 13:52:06 CEST 2017

Hey,

I have two Kolab Servers running (16.1 on Debian 8 x64) and multiple
Users ran into big trouble when they Upgraded their Thunderbird 45.8 to
52.0.1

Drafts could no longer be saved. New mails were not seen. In fact,
setting up new accounts did not work, when forced to save, the initial
connection to the IMAP server to see the folders did not work either.
Thunderbird claims it could not connect to the imap server, however, log
files in Kolab did not show any connection attempt I could see.

Furthermore, connecting to gmail or gmx did work but also showed signs
of trouble, saving drafts did not work most of the time.

After the downgrade everything is back to working normally. This has
been verified twice now, on different machines, different internet
connections. I am absolutely certain that thunderbird is at fault.
Furthermore, I do believe that thunderbird f***ed something up and not
that kolab is doing it wrong...

Just wanted to warn you guys. Take care
Matthias