Migrating Ubuntu -> CentOS IMAP Troubles

Andy Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Thu Sep 29 01:35:33 CEST 2016

On Wednesday September 28 2016 22:23:54 Tobias Brunner wrote:
> Any other hints what I can do to debug this sort of issue?

1.  I would be curious to see what exists in the annotations.db (or another
database) on the new server that is created when it ignores your files.  Just
to confirm that it is in fact configured to use twoskip format.   If it is not
(you don't have "twoskip file" in the top) ... that might give you some clues.

2.  You could forcefully set those configuration options in imap.conf to set
the database formats to twoskip.  Just to be positive it is expecting that
format, and the files you have are that format.

3.  I really don't think it matters much if they are re-created ... except for
mailboxes.db   That's the one that has the list of mailboxes in the user's
accounts.  I would focus on getting mailboxes.db to work ... and ignore the
rest of them.

--

When I recently had some database problems, this page was some good insight
(although written quite some time ago) :

I just found this in a link :
https://gist.github.com/tpokorra/5643410

Did you switch from a 32 to 64 bit server?

Andy