Migrating Ubuntu -> CentOS IMAP Troubles

Andy Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Wed Sep 28 17:58:16 CEST 2016

> Does anyone have an idea what I can do? F.e. I already tried to first
> convert the dbs on the old server to flat and then on the new server
> back to twoskip, but that didn't help. And I'm pretty sure that the old
> server doesn't use BDB as backend.

If you convert the db files to a format other than twoskip (which is the
default now in cyrus > 2.5) ... then you'll need to change some options in
imap.conf to match the format you converted them into.

https://cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.2.13p1/man/imapd.conf.5.php

Check out the options named *_db.  (annotations_db, mailboxes_db, etc).  They
default to twoskip.   So if you want to convert them to berkely, or skiplist,
or flat then you need to specify that format in the config as well.

annotations_db = flat

I believe all of the databases will be recreated if they are not available
_except_ for the mailboxes database.  So if it can not read the database files
you have in place, it will re-create them.

I would make sure whatever format you decide to use for each database is set
in imap.conf accordingly.

Andy