migrating to new server - which kolab-passwords are being migrated, which arent?

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Wed Sep 28 14:23:00 CEST 2016

Hey,

I am currently attempting to migrating an older kolab installation on
debian to a new server on centos

My plan/steps so far:
- install kolab on new OS
- export ldap on old os, transfer over, import
- copy imap to new

to do:
- go over the config files and edit the settings I changed in the other
installation

during installation of the new kolab, new passwords have been given. I
now realise, some of those are being changed back to the old
installation when importing the ldap data. note to self and others:
maybe its easier during installation to set the passwords to be
identical on old and new.

but which ones are, which ones arent?

mysql should be save, they arent
the kolab server account is being changed, had to change that in the
kolab.conf to get access to webadmin

anything else?

I can login to the webadmin interface, but I can not login to webmail
(ldap bind fail).
I did change the config.php accordingly, but I think that was only the
bind for the adressbook?

I can run a  find /etc -type f -exec grep -H 'NEWPASSWORD' {} \; and
maybe even add a sed to change it where its needed. But I would rather
know which ones need changing first...