no mailbox is generated if spaces in given name

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Fri Oct 28 22:58:23 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I just discovered that in a fresh kolab 3.4 installation (debian jessie)
there is a problem if a new user entry holds any spaces in given name.

This happens only if the daemon_rcpt_policy is not set to false in
kolab.conf (Mostly I set this to false - because the recipient policy
enforcement led to problems for me.)

In pykolab.log I can see:

pykolab.imap ERROR Could not rename INBOX folder
user/vorname.nachname at example.org to user/vor name.nachname at example.org

This is not the case if the surname contains spaces.

Can anybody tell me if this is a known problem and if it's fixed in
newer versions of kolab.

Thanks and best regards
Jan