Kolab primary email address and sunday morning reboot

Erik Kramer erikkramer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 20:50:58 CEST 2016

Hi,

I've done a fresh install of kolab 3.4 and am faced with the same issue as
before.
And I'm not too fond of my previous hack.

I'd like to use prinmary email addresses such as j.doe at domain.org

I've tried this in kolab.conf:

primary_mail = '%(givenname)s'[0:1].%(surname)s@%(domain)s

(Rebooted the server)

At first it seems to work just fine. When I fill out the new kolab user
form, in web admin panel, it gives me the correct preview: j.doe at domain.org.

But when I hit save, and look at the new user, his primary email address
became: 'john'[0:1].doe at domain.org
With 3 secundary addresses: j.doe at domain.org; john.doe at domain.org;
doe at domain.org

Any ideas?