Kolab 3.4 multi domain patched, email alias lookup fail

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Fri Nov 25 22:39:34 CET 2016

Hi Milan

Am 25.11.2016 um 12:10 schrieb Milan Petrovic:
> I was able to have the email delivered to the addr1 at domain6 by changing the
> alias line in virtual_alias_maps_manual.cf to:
>
> addr1 at domain6 = addr1 at domain5
>
> If I leave the "=" sign out, the mail log complains that:
> fatal: /etc/postfix/virtual_alias_maps_manual.cf, line 1-10: missing '='
> after attribute name: "addr1 at domain6 addr1 at domain5"
>
> But, after adding it, the email is received and shown in inbox but the
> account from which I've sent the email to addr1 at domain6 get (I'm sending
> from gmail) gets an automatic reply saying:
>
> Reporting-MTA: dns; myHostName
> Arrival-Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 12:00:35 +0100 (CET)
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822; =@myPrimaryKolabDomain.com
> Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: "="
>

> How to fix this?

I'm not shure if I followed your thread carefully enough... But in
relation with alias domains in a multi domain setup it's important to
add an aditionally postfix ldap mapping rule for the domain which will
hold an alias domain.

In the docs: https://docs.kolab.org/howtos/multi-domain.html

"For each parent domain that holds an alias domain name space, you are
required to create a copy of each of the configured mydestination,
local_recipient_maps, virtual_alias_maps and transport_maps lookup
tables, and adjust its settings to match the parent domain name space
and alias domain name spaces."

also here:
https://github.com/jankowa/kolab3scripts/blob/master/kolabEnableMultiDomainAliases.sh

thanks for the tip with the problem "Email address '$mail_address'
not in local domain"

Regaards
Jan