setup-kolab gives misleading message (on Debian 8 Winterfell packages)

Alf B. Rustad alf at mykolab.com
Tue May 24 16:13:06 CEST 2016

Hi Timotheus, thanks for caring :-)

It turns out that resetting the 389 Directory server was quite easy,
simply using the bundled remove-ds tool, like this:

 remove-ds -i slapd-$HOSTNAME -a

I will consider submitting it as a suggestion to setup-kolab, if I am
able to confirm a successful setup. I was then able to get through the
setup, but with some error messages related to Postfix. When Postfix was
installed from packages, I was prompted, and opted, for "No
configuration". Do you know if I should go for the default "Internet
Site" option instead?

Then I discovered this one, with web-server not starting:

https://lists.kolabsys.com/pipermail/bugzilla/2015-February/022601.html

but a reboot of the server seems to get them started. I was able to
access the webadmin panel setting up my user. However, I cannot login on
roundcube due to guam not running:

# systemctl status guam
● guam.service - Intelligent IMAP Reverse Proxy
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/guam.service; enabled)
Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since ti. 2016-05-24 16:08:28 CEST;
8min ago
Main PID: 1031 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

mai 24 16:08:28 cloud systemd[1]: guam.service: main process exited,
code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
mai 24 16:08:28 cloud systemd[1]: Unit guam.service entered failed
state.
mai 24 16:08:28 cloud systemd[1]: guam.service start request repeated
too quickly, refusing to start.
mai 24 16:08:28 cloud systemd[1]: Failed to start Intelligent IMAP
Reverse Proxy.
mai 24 16:08:28 cloud systemd[1]: Unit guam.service entered failed
state.

At this point I have to admit that I am tempted to throw in the towel
and go for Kolab 16 on CentOS 7. However, it would really be cool to get
it up and running, so I will burn some more hours on it :-) Giving it a
new go with a fresh install as we speak.

Cheers,

Alf