OSX iCal connection

Hanspeter Kunz hkunz at ifi.uzh.ch
Tue Jun 28 10:07:36 CEST 2016

On Mon, 2016-06-27 at 18:15 -0400, kolab.user at use.startmail.com wrote:
> Hi Hanspeter,
>
> I am using nss module, added Listen 8443 and created new VirtualHost
> fragment, adding NSS options from main VirtualHost
> updated /etc/iRony/dav.inc.php and changed config['base_uri'] = '/';
> as instructed.
> Unfortunately this breaks serving iRony on main host 443 so I had to
> change all my iOS clients to use 8443.
>
> OSX: Use Manual mode, specify server as https://kolab.example.org:844
> 3/ calendar starts working right away.
> Contacts - same connect parameters but it only pulled all contacts
> after I attempted to create a test contact.
>
> Question: is there a way to create a proper rewrite rule to serve OSX
> without second virtual host?

no, i don't think so. the calendar might be working, but address books
only work when the base URI is "/".

what I do is to use a separate virtualhost for caldav, e.g.
caldav.example.org, then there is no need to use a separate port.
but you'll need the second hostname in the SSL cert too.

cheers,
Hp