Auto response on alias

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Mon Jun 20 07:39:32 CEST 2016

Hello Nathanael,

> I have to say it seems like pretty poor design. Why should I tell the system which aliases to apply to? It doesn’t say aliases either it says ‘All my addresses’ which when I saw I thought that is odd. Why would I enter my address in here, this is the sieve filter system. I don’t have to do that for any other filter. Also since the system already *knows* all my aliases, it would be more intuitive if it listed them as checkboxes and said, ‘Also apply to these aliases’ but really as a default I would think the filtering should apply to all aliases by default.

I understand your point.

>From a technical point, this is the explanation: sieve currently does
not connect to LDAP. Therefore sieve does not know which aliases
belong to an account. The current implementation has the option to add
all aliases when adding a rule to sieve, but then over time, aliases
get added or removed in Kolab Webadmin, but the sieve rules would not
be updated. For mail delivery in Postfix, we check through ldap for
the current destination etc. I don't know if that would work for Sieve
too, to connect to LDAP?
Or make a cronjob that regularly updates the sieve scripts?

Please file a feature request for this:
https://docs.kolab.org/contributor-guide/bug-reporting-casual.html
And if you can investigate this issue further or even provide a
solution, chances for implementation are increased!

Timotheus