Disable user login with uid

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Mon Jul 11 09:18:10 CEST 2016

Hello,

> as per the Kolab Multi-Domain setup documentation (https://docs.kolab.org/howtos/multi-domain.html), "Cyrus IMAP has, by default, been configured to allow users to login with a uid, mail or alias login username, translating that login username to the intended mailbox using a process called canonification."
>
> Is it possible to change this so that users can only log in with their email address or alias and not with their uid?

My experience is this: the login with uid only works for the primary
domain, but not for all the other domains.

Our requirement at TBits.net was that login with uid works for all
domains, and I had to write this patch (with a setting
unique_uid_across_domains=true): https://git.kolab.org/T1133 but it
has not been reviewed yet.

So I think it currently works as you expect it, just not for the primary domain?

Timotheus