valarm entry in Calendar causing problems

Crummy, John jcrummy at minable.ca
Tue Jan 12 06:29:25 CET 2016

Hello,

I have been having issues with my calendar recently that did not affect
any other users. The symptoms from a user's perspective were that no
calendar entries would display in Roundcube, and I was unable to sync
using my CalDAV client on my Android phone. Adding calendar items seemed
to work, but again, they would never be shown in the calendar view, so
they effectively just disappeared.

Logging on to the server, I was able to verify that calendar items were
indeed being added to the imap Calendar folder in my user mailbox. I
checked the apache error logs and found the following entry whenever I
refreshed the calendar in Roundcube:

[Mon Jan 11 23:54:10 2016] [error] [client 24.86.198.190] PHP Fatal
error:  Call to undefined method Attendee::email() in
/usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/libkolab/lib/kolab_format_xcal.php on
line 243, referer: https://mail.minable.ca/roundcubemail/?_task=calendar

Taking a look at the kolab_format_xcal.php file, it was indeed looking
for the email() method that it couldn't find, but this was associated
with a valarm of type EMAIL. I don't know much about iCal, but I did a
quick grep search for EMAIL in any files in my Calendar folder, and I
found a single entry that included that reference. I've attached that
file here. (I've modified that file slightly to obscure my wife's and
friend's name and email address, otherwise I left it as-is).

Starting at line 143-166 is the offending valarm entry, which I believe
my wife added to remind me not to miss the show! I removed that valarm
entry, and everything works great now.

The reason I'm sending this is to see if this is expected/desired
behaviour. I looks like the kolab_format_xcal.php script is designed to
handle that entry, but something else is missing.

Could someone shed some light on this, or is this a bug?

Thank you,

--
-John