Kolab 16 on Centos 7 after install

Jochen Hein jochen at jochen.org
Thu Feb 4 23:00:29 CET 2016

Carlos R Laguna <carlosr at jovenclub.cu> writes:

> Following the regular step i get my installation a setup correctly,
> kolab-webadmin work out of the box, so it did user creation. However
> the cyrus server configuration was incomplete imaps was also running
> in the wrong port 9993 instead of 993 so i add and correct those
> problem in /etc/cyrus.conf on Services:

Since Kolab 16 we have guam as an IMAP proxy, which listens on the IMAP
ports 143 and 993, and finally forwards to cyrus on port 9993.

On my installation the guam service was not running and not enabled.  To
enable (start on next reboot):

       systemctl enable guam.service

Start the service:

      systemctl start guam.service

Hope that helps.

Jochen

--
The only problem with troubleshooting is that the trouble shoots back.