Kolab community version recommendation?

Klaus Vink Slott klaus at vink-slott.dk
Wed Dec 7 09:50:50 CET 2016

Thank you all for you input.

I have decided to make a fresh Kolab16 install on one of the recommended
  platforms. Most likely CentOS 7.

On december 6. Daniel Hoffend wrote:
> On 2016-12-05 16:41, Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
> > Hi,
> > AFAIK Kolab 16 is stable. However, I experienced a similar bug to you: I
> > installed a new Kolab version on Debian Jessie and the webserver
> > (apache) quit working after a while....
> This sad bug is having a very long history and has something to do with
> how SWIG (a php module framework) is not able to unload the libkolab
> stuff correctly.
>
> Your crash happens because logrotate tries to reload the apache (which
> crashes the swig plugin during unload/load.
If that was my problem to - I would have thought that the problem would
gone after a reboot.

> IMO I personally prefer the use of php-fpm together with nginx (you
> could also use apache in that case). If you split php from apache you
> won't expire any of those hang issues but it requires more configuration
> and customization work.
Thanks for recommendation, nginx and php-fpm is also my preferred
platform. I may look into that later, when I am more comfortable with Kolab

> You can consider Kolab:16 as the Stable version.
Thanks again.

--
Regards
Klaus