Kolab community version recommendation?

Klaus Vink Slott klaus at vink-slott.dk
Sat Dec 3 15:58:54 CET 2016

Any news on when?

A month or more ago I did a little testing on Kolab16 and if found it quite
useable. I found some guide for Fedora 23 and got it up and running smoothly.
I had the web interface up and running and poked a little around in it.

Then I had to attend to other matters, so I forgot about it for a week. I then
returned, booted the vm and did a dnf upgrade. After that i could no longer
connect to the kolab web service. (white page).

I then decided to ditch my install until Kolab 16 became stable.
I have regularly checked back on the download page but there is still no sign
that Q2 2016 has ended :-)

My mail server is used by a couple of small local nonprofit organizations so
stability is crucial.  We do have a stable mail service running (postfix+
dovecut) and not in a hurry, so what do the Kolab community suggest?

Should I just wait a little more as Kolab 16 is soon to be released..

Should I install an migrate to Kolab 16 on a Centos as that is reliable enough

Should I migrate to Kolab 14 as  the update to Kolab 16 will not be
recommended for the next many months - and the update will be a walk in the
park anyway.

--
Regards
Klaus