How to block user from sending

Homer Dokes hdokes at mail.inct.net
Fri Aug 26 15:28:53 CEST 2016

Hello all,

Recently we discovered that one of our Kolab server accounts has been
compromised.  Thus far we have not been able to determine how this is
happening however here are the particulars we have gathered and what we
have done so far:

The spammer has figured out how to blast spam to predominately AOL
accounts via an email account on the server.  Our initial alert to this
was a large amount of reject email coming back to that account from
AOL's servers.  AOL has now black listed our server. I have changed the
password on the account and that didn't prevent the spam from sending.
The server also is Relay 'safe' so they are not getting through in that
means either.  Ultimately, the only thing I could do to stop it for now
is remove the account. Unfortunately this is not desirable as this
specific account is advertised ALL over for quotes from perspective
customers to our business.  We MUST be able to receive these quotes as
they come to us from our Web Server which is hosted on a 3rd parties
network. It should also be noted that the Kolab server is behind a
separate spam server which is behind a firewall.  I have considered an
exploit on the users workstation who monitors this particular account
and responds to it figuring their Windows system was compromised however
I can not find any evidence of that on their system and the Kolab
postfix log files reflect 'localhost' as the origin and not the IP of
the workstation.

Is there a way I can disable outbound email for this particular account
within the current kolab 3.4 environment and still receive for that
account while we try to figure out how this exploit is working?

Thank you,

hdokes