compacting imap folders - expunging old messages and contacts

kolab.user at use.startmail.com kolab.user at use.startmail.com
Tue Apr 5 21:45:30 CEST 2016

Greetings,

On my test server I created a bunch of Contacts address book entries and then deleted all entries from Contacts address book.

Looking under

/var/spool/imap/domain/e/example.org/t/user/test^contact/Contacts

folder I see all entries are still present.

I tried issuing

/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/cyr_expire -X 0.01 -v

which supposed to remove all deleted messages older then 14 and a half minutes but all deleted entries are still there in the file system folder:

Expunging deleted messages in mailboxes older than 0.01 days
Expired 0 and expunged 0 out of X messages from Y mailboxes

But has been at least 30 minutes since I deleted all contacts from web UI, according to

/var/spool/imap/domain/e/example.org/t/user/test^contact/Contacts/cyrus.index

time stamp.

Please advise.

Josh.