Kolab 3.4 on CentOS 6.6 (ptload completely failed)

Soliva Andrea soliva at comcept.ch
Tue Sep 22 08:39:46 CEST 2015

Hi

many thanks for you answer regarding your questions:

- if I'm right but I'm not 100% sure but if you use 3.1 and higher as
cyrus-imapd 2.5 as in cooperation with multidomain the canonification
should not be turned off because it does not have any Impact (from the
site of kolab I understand that this is under work but as I said not
100% sure). From this point of view the answer is no canonification is
on which means also the following positions in kolab.conf are active:

        sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop saslauthd
        auth_mech: pts
        pts_module: ldap
        ldap_servers: ldap://localhost:389
        ldap_sasl: 0
        ldap_base: dc=comcept,dc=ch
        ldap_bind_dn: uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=comcept,dc=ch
        ldap_password: [Your Password]
        ldap_filter:
(|(&(|(uid=cyrus-admin)(uid=cyrus-murder))(uid=%U))(&(|(uid=%U)(mail=%U@%d)(mail=%U@%r))(objectclass=kolabinetorgperson)))
        ldap_user_attribute: mail
        ldap_group_base: dc=comcept,dc=ch
        ldap_group_filter:
(&(cn=%u)(objectclass=ldapsubentry)(objectclass=nsroledefinition))
        ldap_group_scope: one
        ldap_member_base: ou=People,dc=comcept,dc=ch
        ldap_member_method: attribute
        ldap_member_attribute: nsrole
        ldap_restart: 1
        ldap_timeout: 10
        ldap_time_limit: 10

as in cyrus.conf following is active:

       ptloader    cmd="ptloader" listen="/var/lib/imap/ptclient/ptsock"
prefork=0

If I understand all correct the above must be uncommented as ptloader
deactivated for turning off cononification and addtional in imapd.conf
must be defined "sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd". But for 3.4
multidomain this has no effect because it was not "yet" implemented.

Yes for Login test I use always Primary-Email address. Yes I wait always
some time looking to the debug output but I can clearly see that
ptloader gets nothing back from dirsrv and from this Point of view
nothing will be created which correspondents with your sentence "If your
SASL fails (which it is showing it is) then it won't becreated in IMAP".
This is 100% the case. In kolab.conf I only added the domain in
following way (as the other ones):

#primary_mail = %(surname)s@%(domain)s
primary_mail = %(givenname)s.%(surname)s@%(domain)s

[domain.ch]
primary_mail = %(givenname)s.%(surname)s@%(domain)s
default_quota = 1048576
default_locale = de_CH

What you mean exactly with:

> In kolab conf ensure your Python is correct for primary_mail as if you
> change this it will cause problems. Kolab doesn't accept the general
> python syntax.

With testing authentication you mean:

testsaslauthd -u deaduser at domain.ch -p [Your Password]

Pykolab.log gives not any output meaning error or whatelse! The main
issue at the Moment is that ptloader is not getting back any data from
dirsrv because authentication Fails as nothing will be created which is
fully understandable! But why...?????

Anything else I can do try etc......?

---
Kind regards