Importing from PST

Philip Trickett (List) phil-ml at techworks.ie
Tue Sep 15 10:24:29 CEST 2015

On 14/09/15 17:39, Paul Bronson wrote:
> Does anyone else have trouble importing a PST?
>
> I just connected up imap to outlook 2013. Imported a PST (roughly 2k
> emails) and I go onto roudncube and only about 400 show up. I go back
> to Outlook and hit Update Folder, it sends up another 10;15 messages
> then dies again. I am seeing this in the logs:
>
>  imap[3588]: Expunged 1 messages from jdoe at domain.com
> <mailto:jdoe at domain.com>
>

> and
>

> IOERROR: reading message: unexpected end of file
>

> Is there something wrong that I am missing or doing wrong?

I'd watch out for Outlook 2013 and folder creation.

I have seen a number of instances where folders are created within
Outlook but not on the server, much to the user's confusion when they
try to access the folder using roundcube. This leads to the filder being
stored in the cache of Outlook, but never properly on the server.

To fix this, I have had to create entirely new empty folders with
different names in roundcube, make sure they exist in Outlook, then copy
the messages over in Outlook.  Quite a PITA.

HTH,

Phil