If you want a faster Kolab, read this.

signaldeveloper at gmail.com signaldeveloper at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 16:24:25 CEST 2015

I am running it in a container because of the density, and the elasticity. So let's say I assign 200 GB of space to the container. Now let's say it fills up. I can go on the hypervisor and adjust and give it more, it adjusts the disk AS IF it started out with that much in the first place while a VM you have to basically add partition after partition. Containers are high density so you can have many on a host, and also it's faster access to the kernel while a VM has a virtualized kernel which in turn increase CPU time. It also has faster access to memory. I did a lot of research on it before I chose the style of virtualization. The biggest thing for me was the space adjustment. It's so easy to adjust, and it's all live. So I can have a 200GB container go to 500GB just like that, no restarting the container even. It's really a beautiful system.

- Paul