Kolab upgrade from 3.1

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Wed Sep 9 09:14:49 CEST 2015

Hello Christian,

I guess you should test it on a copy of your machine, and see how the
upgrade goes.

Upgrades never have been officially supported.
There are some ideas how to do them on the docs:
https://docs.kolab.org/upgrade-guide/index.html
3.1 => 3.3, 3.3 => 3.4

For the multidomain patches: again, those are not supported. They are
just a suggestion how you could do things.
Some patches are not necessary anymore, because they have been
included in Kolab vanilla.
I have been updating the scripts here:
https://github.com/tbits/kolabscripts/tree/Kolab3.4
The domain admin stuff is still separate, and has changed: domainAdmin
is not a user type anymore, but just additional settings for the Kolab
user:
https://github.com/TBits/KolabScripts/commit/e84f90b3efa9eb0d028d23c3ca3254f56ec9a633#diff-bd3691d175174191c7b0356bc1c22f30
Again, please use these scripts only with a lot of testing, and you
understanding what the scripts change in your system!

For info for a backup on the old system and restore on the new system:
https://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/backup-and-restore.html
It is probably worth a try as well, and you can compare which way
works better for you.

hope this helps,
  Timotheus