If you want a faster Kolab, read this.

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Tue Sep 8 08:03:28 CEST 2015

On Monday 07 September 2015 14:55:17 Paul Bronson wrote:

Hi guys, (happy labor day!)

As you've probably seen me asking a thousand questions about slowness
for my brand new kolab 3.4, here's what my few weeks of research has
come up with... And hopefully this will work for all of you as well, or
something you can try and replicate on your end:

A few kolab plugins are initiating an imap connection every time the user
simply tries to read a message. Those plugins are:

kolab_addressbook
kolab_notes
kolab_tags
tasklist

If you disable the kolab modules it will not be a kolab server anymore, but
a clasical imap server :)
But i think there is something wrong with the cache for those modules. All
imap data are cached in sql. My guess is you have some fields missing in
sql cache tables and roundcube is forced to read from imap

Mihai Badici[1]

--------
[1] http://mihai.badici.ro