Partitioning and manually start after boot

Andy Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Thu Sep 3 10:17:32 CEST 2015

On Thursday September 3 2015 07:30:08 Gregor Adamczyk wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I am doing a fresh debian jessie installation with kolab 3.4.
>
> My intention is to use an encrypted file system for data.
>
> So my system must boot without starting any kolab service because I will
> start the services manually after the boot and mount my file system.

Hi :

It seems you are not including a disable or start of the postfix service, or
the amavis service.

 That would definitely cause problems if your file system is not mounted, and
the MTA is running and accepting mail immediately after startup.

update-rc.d postfix disable
update-rc.d amavis disable

I would start amavis then postfix after wallace, and before apache.

service start amavis
service start postfix

Additionally, if you have setup any other policy servers for use with postfix
(postgrey, policyd-spf, postfwd) ... then you'll need to add those services
into the disable, and start lists.

--

Just a small preference myself, and I'm not sure how much it matters, if you
are starting everything manually, and in succession.  The roundcube webmail

I doubt anyone is going to login to webmail and do something in the seconds
between you running the commands to start them, so it doesn't really matter.

Andy