Autocomplete instant fail on new install

Paul Bronson signaldeveloper at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 19:09:37 CEST 2015

I am finding this weird issue on my new install kolab 3.4 on centos 6.6

I have one single user setup, and when I go to type a test email message on
RC,

the autocomplete throws an internet server error:

screenshot:

http://cl.ly/image/1j3P1b0w0T03

I find in the error logs:

PHP Fatal error:  Using $this when not in object context in
/usr/share/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_ldap.php on line 839

which sends me to this code block:

        else {
            if ($fields == '*') {
                // search_fields are required for fulltext search
                if (empty($this->prop['search_fields'])) {
                    $this->set_error(self::ERROR_SEARCH,
'nofulltextsearch');
                    $this->result = new rcube_result_set();
                    return $this->result;
                }
                $attributes = (array)$this->prop['search_fields'];
            }
                // map address book fields into ldap attributes
                $me = $this;
                $attributes = array();
                array_walk($fields, function($field) use ($me,
&$attributes) {
                    if ($this->coltypes[$field] && ($attrs =
(array)$this->coltypes[$field]['attributes'])) {
                        $attributes = array_merge($attributes, $attrs);
                    }
                });

            // compose a full-text-like search filter
            $filter = rcube_ldap_generic::fulltext_search_filter($value,
$attributes, $mode);
        }

Screenshot for easier viewing: http://cl.ly/image/2a0U0c1C1k0N

$this doesn't seem to be defined by this point. Does anyone have a
suggestion for this?

if($this =! null)  ???

I also looked in bugs, couldn't find anything myself..