kolab sync --resync --threads=40

Colja Vendel (4magic) vendel at 4magic.de
Mon Oct 26 11:34:40 CET 2015

Hi,

I try to "kolab sync --resync therads=40" our LDAP
"objectClass=kolabinetorgperson" in a replicated murder
setup to the backends but don't get any response of the "kolab sync"
since hours.

Does anybody know how to check if "kolab sync" is doing anything anymore
or it's just dead?

A check of maillogs on any backend server doesn't show new
"MailboxCreate" events since days.
A filesystem check for "Gesendet" mailboxes via

"find /app/kolabdata/spool/default/domain/m/muenchen.de/ -type d | grep
-c Gesendet"

doesn't change and

"kolab lm | wc -l"

doesn't change numbers too. So is it somehow possible to make "kolab
sync" report some activity
sings or grab this information form somewhere?

Currently I am on a test system with 9003 LDAP
"objectClass=kolabinetorgperson" distributed over
4 replicated backend nodes with a dedicated mupdate and 4 loadbalanced
frontend servers and non of the servers has a load hingher than 5% or a
RAM usage above 70%.

Any before I forget the cyrus-imapd version is "Cyrus IMAP Murder
2.5.6.7-Kolab-2.5.6-7.1.el6.kolab.14"

I'd be very happy if anybody could give me a hint.

Thank's

venc