rouncube smtp problems

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Tue Oct 6 19:04:31 CEST 2015

Hi all,

maybe someone can help me with an roundcube smtp error. Just setup a new
roundcube server and configured it to use another mailserver for postfix
and cyrus.

Everything is fine - except submission/sendig emails:

I get the rouncube error:

PHP Warning:  stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to
10.0.0.123:587 (Die Wartezeit für die Verbindung ist abgelaufen) in
/usr/share/php/Net/Socket.php on line 139

but the server 10.0.0.123 is definitely available:

 nc -vz 10.0.0.123 587
mail.datenkollektiv.net [10.0.0.123] 587 (submission) open

The routing table is also ok as the firewall settings are in my opinion.

Another roundcube server in the same subnet can access the mailserver
without problems.

I already set debug level of roundcube to 5 and smtp logs to true - but
I don't get further informations.

Any idea?

Thanks and kind regards.

Jan