Configuration Help

Sultan Ghaznawi shghaznawi at telusmail.net
Sat Oct 3 05:21:20 CEST 2015

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for your note. Again I am sorry for asking you this, but this is my first time. Please correct me if I am wrong:

1.       On the domain host I set up MX record pointing to the IP address of the server for Kolab (this is for delivering the emails to the server). Can I use the MX record with IP:Port format to point it to a server behind the firewall?

2.       For outbound emails from the Kolab server, how does the email leave? Do you have to specify any DNS?

3.       I also noticed during the installation that the postfix settings gave me several choices and I selected the default mode (smarthost internet) for mail settings.

I appreciate your help in clarifying the above.

Regards,

Sultan