Display name

Jan Kowalsky jankow at datenkollektiv.net
Thu Nov 12 09:58:56 CET 2015

Hi Paul,

oh, I see it was some misunderstanding from me. You wrote already that
you mean the display name in kolab if you add a new user.

>> On Nov 11, 2015, at 9:47 AM, Jan Kowalsky <jankow at datenkollektiv.net>
wrote:

>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> ok. Roundcube takes simply the Display Name from Ldap as the Display
>> Name in Roundcube.
>>
>> I haven't found anything where this is defined:
>>
>> /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/new_user_identity/new_user_identity.php
>>
>> But if you change the defaults for display name in the kolab ldap
>> objects, this changes also the behavior of roundcube at the first login.

But like I wrote in my last Post: this is changeable easily in the kolab
settings. Just edit the Kolab User Object and in attributes change the
display name like the following:

Value: Generated
Change "givenname, sn" to "sn givenname".

That's all.

Am 12.11.2015 um 01:06 schrieb signaldeveloper at gmail.com:
> This seems to be a Kolab problem

What do you mean with that?