Invalid Header - Non-encoded non-ASCII data (and not UTF-8)

tlux tlux at ghelew.net
Thu Nov 12 08:56:14 CET 2015

On 2015-11-11 10:08, Egensperger, Fabrice wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Kolab 3.4 with Multi-Domain Support.
> I'm not able to receive mail containing non-ASCII data in the mail
> header.
>
> See below error:

> This nondelivery report was generated by the program amavisd-new at
> host
> domain.net. Our internal reference code for your message is ...
>
> INVALID HEADER
>
>   Non-encoded non-ASCII data (and not UTF-8) (char E9 hex): Subject:
> Secr\x{E9}tariat

Hi All,

I do have exactly the same issue: All mails with headers containing
UTF-8 are rejected.
I was able to catch that issue since those emails are forwarded from
Gmail and kept there.

It would be nice if someone could provide a hint as to how to fix or
bypass this header check.

Thanks in advance for your help,
tlux