PHP: Error: Login failed. Unable to connect to ssl://example.org:443. Error: Connection timed out (POST)

Erika Mustermann erika.mustermann.938568 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 10:22:22 CET 2015

Hi,

I recently installed Kolab 3.4 on Centos 7 using the installation guide
<https://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/index.html> and the HOWTO
<https://docs.kolab.org/howtos/secure-kolab-server.html> for securing the
services. After resolving some prior issues internally ("https://kolab" or "
https://kolab.example.org"), everything seemed to work but when I accessed
my server from outside I could neither login to "https://example.org/chwala"
("Internal system error!") nor use the "FILES" feature integrated in "
https://example.org/webmail". The rest however seemed to be functional.

I looked in the error logs of "chwala" ("/var/log/chwala/errors") since
this seems to be the component that causes the problem and found the
following error message:

PHP: Error: Login failed. Unable to connect to ssl://example.org:443.
Error: Connection timed out (POST)

This error is logged when "chwala" is accessed directly. In the error logs
of "roundcubemail" ("/var/log/roundcubemail/errors") I found the following
message when accessing "FILES":

PHP: Error: Curl error: Connection timed out after 10162 milliseconds in
/usr/share/pear/HTTP/Request2/Adapter/Curl.php on line 149 (POST
/webmail/<some kind of hash value>/?_task=files)

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks for any help provided!