Problem with first webadmin connection...

Patrick Gelin patrick.gelin at free.fr
Wed May 20 21:37:08 CEST 2015

Hi,

I succeded to start ldap server with kolab. I understand I must
desinstall (or disebale) 389-ds directory packages. So I decided to
instal only slpad to begin with a clean configuration.

I tested my kolab installation :

    sudo netstat -l -n -p | grep 389
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:389 0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    4679/slapd
    tcp6       0      0 :::389 :::*                    LISTEN
    4679/slapd

So slpad is running ! OK !!!! Then kolab server...

    gelinp at gelinux:~$ ps aux | grep kolab
    gelinp    7898  0.0  0.0   3568   844 pts/2    S+   21:31   0:00
    grep --color=auto kolab

Look's like kolab demon doesn't run, but I can accessed kolab login form
with http://gelinux.gelin.fr/kolab-webadmin/? url, so I don't understand...

By the way, I failed to connect with usernames :

cn=Directory manager
Directory manager
cn=admin
admin

So what is the problem ? May be my password, because I can't understand
if I need to encrypt it before to edit password with setup-kolab script ?

Thank you with your response.
Patrick