fail2ban logs and filters for kolab 3.4 (on debian 7.8)

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Tue Mar 31 08:31:19 CEST 2015

Hey Thomas,

unfortunately I can't tell you where fail2ban is "told" which files to load.

in debian you have the jail.conf which you are supposed to copy to
jail.local before editing anything. apparently the .conf file may get
overwritten during updates where as the .local stays and will override
the .conf

the filters itself are in the filter.d directory. so I wrote new
filters, added them to jail.local. that was all I had to do...

hope that helps!
Mat