apache2 error.log full of: KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::readConfig readZoneTAB and readConfig - iRony at fault?!

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Thu Mar 26 14:13:54 CET 2015

Hey,

after tracking down the pids of the error messages i found it is apache
(which makes sense in the apache error log)

so I tailed the error log while watching the access log file

unfortunately there is quite a lot of traffic in the access log and no
timestamps. while watching I also noticed that the errors seem to be at
random intervalls, not regularely. which implies manual trigger, not
automatic.

after some more watching, guessing and attempts to manually do x and see
the error trigger I think I found it...

manipulating the calendar! doesnt matter if it is with a caldav client
or roundcube.
when creating a new date or deleting an existing one the error triggers
(sometimes, I am guessing there is a small cache at work or limit on the
error being put out per timeframe)

now that we "know" it is iRony and/or access like :

"POST /webmail/cf74821853764afa/?_task=calendar&_action=event HTTP/1.1"
200 1184
"https://my-domain.tld/webmail/cf74821853764afa/?_task=calendar"
"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/36.0"

how might we fix it? (or confirm 100% first?)

thanks!