strange problem connecting Outlook 2013 and Kolab 3.4 (ActiveSync)

Michael Schumacher michael.schumacher at pamas.de
Thu Mar 26 13:39:01 CET 2015

HI Timotheus,

> You are using dmzserver1.mydomain.de for Outlook ActiveSync, but
> Outlook resolves it to mydomain.de?

correct!

> Perhaps this is a similar problem:
> http://serverfault.com/questions/352974/force-outlook-2007-2010-to-use-ip-address-for-exchange-server-instead-of-host-na
> they suggest to add an entry to the hosts file.

I modified the local hosts file with these entries
---8<---
 192.168.1.206   dmzserver1.mydomain.de mydomain.de www.mydomain.de
---8<---
but the behavior is still the same. My only explanation is that Active
Sync is not using the client machine's DNS-resolution.

Could it possibly be that Active Sync is connecting to a
Microsoft-server to resolve the server name?

 best regards
---
Michael Schumacher
PAMAS Partikelmess- und Analysesysteme GmbH
Dieselstr.10, D-71277 Rutesheim
Tel +49-7152-99630
Fax +49-7152-996333
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Schreck