kolab-setup not working

Thomas Spuhler thomas.spuhler at btspuhler.com
Mon Mar 9 18:08:57 CET 2015

Thanks for your reply.

On Monday, March 09, 2015 05:00:19 PM Timotheus Pokorra wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> I just checked on my CentOS6 Kolab 3.4 install:
> # sestatus
> SELinux status:                 disabled
>
> setup-kolab should work fine without SELinux enabled.
 It may by a question of which version of 389-ds is being used? CentOS6 is very conservative.

But going through all the records, I found that setup-kolab did install the kolab
(vbox.btspuhler.com) instance, but the error came when setting up the admin server.
I discovered, the 389-admin was built with "--with-selinux". I am going to rebuild it w/o that.

> See also
> http://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/preparing-the-system.html?highlight=selinux#selinux, it
> says:
> "Not all components of Kolab Groupware are currently completely
> compatible with running under SELinux enforcing the targeted policy."
>
> During which step does setup-kolab fail? Can you locate the code line?
> I cannot find the output with Entry, Content-Type, or NMC Status in my
> nightly install log:
> https://lbs.solidcharity.com/logs/tbits.net/kolab-test/kolab-test/Kolab3.4/centos/7/amd64/20
>
> Timotheus
>
> On 9 March 2015 at 16:46, Thomas Spuhler <thomas.spuhler at btspuhler.com> wrote:
> > I have a system (Mageia) that does not provide selinux. In stalling kolab 3.0 using 389-ds-
> > base-1.3.2.22 and pykolab-0.5.16 was not a problem.
> > Now in the upcoming Mageia distro, I upgraded to 389-ds-base-1.3.3.9 and pykolab-0.7.6.
> > (389-ds-base-1.3.3.9 is now required or older versions need to be patched for a two recent
> > security issues)
> > setup-ds.pl works after building  389-ds-base-1.3.3.9 without "--with-selinux" (before they
> > threw
> > the SELinux policy is not managed or store cannot be accessed error).
> >
> > However setup-kolab throws an error and stops.
> > Below I posted the relevant snippet
> >

> > +Entry cn=change-sie-password,cn=Commands,cn=admin-serv-vbox, cn=389 Administration Server,
> > cn=Server Group, cn=vbox.btspuhler.com, ou=vbox.btspuhler.com, o=NetscapeRoot is added
> >
> > NMC_Status: 0
> > ValueError: SELinux policy is not managed or store cannot be accessed.
> > ValueError: SELinux policy is not managed or store cannot be accessed.
> >
> > I don't see an option like --without-selinux in building pykolab. Am I missing it?
> > From the kolab-3.0 release cycle, I remember setup-kolab using the setup-ds.pl script. has that
> > changed.
> >
> > There are other major Linux distro's out there that do not have (yet) selinux enabled. Do they
> > have the same issue and how are they coping with it.

Thanks for your reply. It may by a question of which version

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler

All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
ID 60114E63