kolab-setup not working

Thomas Spuhler thomas.spuhler at btspuhler.com
Mon Mar 9 16:46:03 CET 2015

I have a system (Mageia) that does not provide selinux. In stalling kolab 3.0 using 389-ds-
base-1.3.2.22 and pykolab-0.5.16 was not a problem.
Now in the upcoming Mageia distro, I upgraded to 389-ds-base-1.3.3.9 and pykolab-0.7.6.
(389-ds-base-1.3.3.9 is now required or older versions need to be patched for a two recent security
issues)
setup-ds.pl works after building  389-ds-base-1.3.3.9 without "--with-selinux" (before they threw
the SELinux policy is not managed or store cannot be accessed error).

However setup-kolab throws an error and stops.
Below I posted the relevant snippet

+Entry cn=change-sie-password,cn=Commands,cn=admin-serv-vbox, cn=389 Administration Server,
cn=Server Group, cn=vbox.btspuhler.com, ou=vbox.btspuhler.com, o=NetscapeRoot is added

NMC_Status: 0
ValueError: SELinux policy is not managed or store cannot be accessed.
ValueError: SELinux policy is not managed or store cannot be accessed.

I don't see an option like --without-selinux in building pykolab. Am I missing it?
From the kolab-3.0 release cycle, I remember setup-kolab using the setup-ds.pl script. has that
changed.

There are other major Linux distro's out there that do not have (yet) selinux enabled. Do they have
the same issue and how are they coping with it.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler

All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
ID 60114E63