upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 on debian 7 x64 breaks email (wallace at fault?)

Matthias Busch catwiesel at gmx.net
Sat Mar 7 23:18:52 CET 2015

Hey,_

_following the instructions on
https://docs.kolab.org/administrator-guide/upgrading-from-kolab-3.3-to-3.4.html
to upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 on debian 7 x64

no errors, everything as expected (more or less... dav.inc.php.dpkg-dist
does not exist but the .php file looks fine)

unfortunately, quick test shows that sending and receiving emails is
broken afterwards.

I have amavis and wallace activated
mails sent do not get delivered in the mailbox
mails received do not get delivered to the users mailbox

looking at syslog I did not see any obvious problems. knowing that
wallace is receiving all mails, doing its magic and then giving it
"back" I wonder if they got stuck in wallace...

additionally, freebusy stopped working (thunderbird, not webmail)

unfortunately, I could not let the server stay like this and start to
look for the problem so I restored the snapshot

anything known about problems like that?

I might try again later when I expect no mails are sent/received and can
let the problem exist longer and look closer...