OpenLDAP

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Thu Mar 5 16:25:54 CET 2015

On Thursday 05 March 2015 08:55:48 John McMonagle wrote:
> I know this is a old thread but has anything been done to provide openlap
> support yet?
>
> I'm still running kolab 2.3.4.
> We are a debian shop in many cities and 7 ldap servers.
> Kolab is a small part of our ldap usage and see no rational upgrade path.
> This is primarily caused by no way to sync between openldap and 389ds.
>
> If I don't hear of a solution I'm going to something else.
>
> John

If you have your ldap infrastructure it means you have your user's management
mechansm.
You can use elements of kolab but i think even if kolab support openldap by
default you cannot use the full suite but instead you can adapt it at yours
needs.

I use for years parts of kolab suite with dovecot and openldap ; some features
are not available but I take advantage of metadata addons from kolab which is
the main advantage of the product.

> On Thursday 11 September 2014 11:18:27 AM Stuart Naylor wrote:
> > I would also be interested in other LDAPs.
> >
> > I am still trying to weigh up 389-DS winsync.
> >
> > I did notice setup-kolab has an activedirectory parameter which would be
> > great with samba4.
> >
> > Also seems to be no documentation.
> >
> > On Thursday 11 September 2014 12:54:34 Tobias Brunner wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > It seems to be possible to use OpenLDAP as LDAP server instead of 389ds,
> > > but the documentation has just a title and no more content:
> > > http://docs.kolab.org/architecture-and-design/ldap.html?highlight=openld
> > > ap#i ntegration-with-openldap
> > >
> > > How do we use OpenLDAP instead of 389ds?
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Tobias

Mihai Bădici
http://mihai.badici.ro