auto-deleting dates? why, how, who? undelete messages?

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Tue Mar 3 11:02:31 CET 2015

Hello Matthias

here're some of my personal notes regarding undeleting messages and
folders

Single Mails
------------

Find correct folder

     kolab lm user/john*@example.org

List deleted mails from user/folder

     su - cyrus -c "/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/unexpunge -l
user/john at example.org"
     su - cyrus -c "/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/unexpunge -l
user/john/Trash at example.org"

Restore Single Mail

     su - cyrus -c "/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/unexpunge -u -d -v
user/john/Trash at example.org 1234"

Restore all deleted messages

     su - cyrus -c "/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/unexpunge -a -d -v
user/john/Trash at example.org"

Restore Deleted Folders
-----------------------

List all deleted folders/mailboxes

     kolab list-deleted-mailboxes

     > DELETED/user/john/Ham/529F39E5 at dotlan.net (Deleted at 2013-12-04
15:19:17)

the 529F39E5 name is hex-encoded unixtimestamp

     # perl -le 'print scalar(localtime(hex("529F39E5")));'
     Wed Dec  4 15:19:17 2013

Undelete folder

     kolab undelete-mailbox DELETED/user/john/Ham/529F39E5 at example.org

Clear Cache
-----------

After modifying the storage system it might be usefull to clear the
mysql cache roundcube and iRony (*DAV) are using.

     cd /usr/share/roundcubemail
     plugins/libkolab/bin/modcache.sh

TBH. I haven't tested this for calendar and adressbook entries.

Atm there's no way to find out who deleted a message with the cyrus
tools. I know that there's a module called "Bonnie" for Kolab which is
the solution of for logs mail logs and cyrus events broadcasts to
archive the changes (exactly what you were looking for). But tbh.
there's no one-stop-setup docs for bonnie yet. And I haven't seen it in
action.

You can find more about it here:
https://docs.kolab.org/architecture-and-design/bonnie.html
https://github.com/kolab-groupware/bonnie