Scaling the setup of shared folders ?

Geert Janssens geert at kobaltwit.be
Sat Jun 27 16:20:44 CEST 2015

Hi,

My kolab setup runs 11 users and these users want to share their
calendars such that any user can view and manage other user's
appointments.

I started to set this up by sharing each user's personal calendar and
then configuring each user to view these shared calendars. However it
quickly becomes cumbersome this has to be done for each user
individually. If next week user 12 joins the band I need to update each
of the 11 previous users to make them see the 12th user's shared
calendar as well.

So is there a way to simplify this ? Can I define a shared calendar (or
any other object for that matter) in such a way that all users
automatically see it in roundcube webmail ?

And by extension is a similar thing possible via caldav/ical/activesync
to local clients (thunderbird/kontact/android/ios clients) ?

If not the configuration burden can quickly become prohibitive.

Thanks,

Geert Janssens