Odd behaviour in calendars

Geert Janssens geert at kobaltwit.be
Sat Jun 27 16:13:01 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm discovering new things every day...

What I have observed today stumps me:
My kolab setup has 11 users, all with their own calendar. I have
successfully imported calendar data from an old egroupware installation.
This probably doesn't matter, I'm only mentioning it to illustrate the
calendars already hold some information.

When a user logs into kolab and goes to the calendar interface he can
add new appointments, but can't change existing ones. That is clicking
on an empty space in the calendar pops up the window to enter a new
appointment immediately. However clicking on an existing appointment
does nothing.

And here's the twist: I have observed one exception - if I click on an
existing appointment with a duration of half an hour (so the smallest
possible appointment indication in week view), that immediately pops up
the appointment's details and from there it can be altered. Any
subsequent click on *any* other appointment in the same view is now
suddenly editable as well. As if that first click on a really short
appointment unlocks all the others.

Switching to any other view and back (eg to mail or settings or
tasks,...) and I'm back in the same situation. No appointments can be
altered until I click on a random ultra-short appointment first.

My environment:
- Kolab 3.4 on a Centos 7 server (installed from Kolab provided rpms)
- Clients are Windows 7 professional PC's, using IE. However I have
observed the same behavior on my test PC which runs Fedora 21 with
Firefox.

Is this a known bug ? Or what can I do to get this resolved ?

Thank you,

Geert Janssens