Performance issues - how to start debugging

David Cowan david at quagmire.ca
Thu Jun 25 18:45:05 CEST 2015

Improper DNS settings can do this.  Kolab waits for DNS replies to its
query's to confirm  where / who you are, then continues.
This is especially true for non-snakeoil certs.
The variable timeout that you experience could be the time-to-live in
DNS, and / or the DNS daemon chasing around trying to figure out who you
are.

Wireshark is great, IPTraf is easier.  They will tell you what is going
on, or not going on :)

Goodluck !