More 3.4 woes, attachments being ignored and now failing

Eric B Munson emunson at mgebm.net
Mon Jun 22 15:55:37 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-22 06:16, Torsten Grote wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> On Thursday 18 June 2015 10:41:00 Eric B Munson wrote:
>> /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/redundant_attachments/redundant_attachments
>> .php
>
> I don't know how to solve the problem, but a work-around may be to
> remove the
> redundant_attachments plugins from the Web App.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Torsten

Thanks Torsten,

This didn't fix the problem, but it did push me in the right direction.
Disabling both redundant_attachments and database_attachments fixed the
problem.  Short description: both database_attachments and
filesystem_attachments were loaded which was causing the failure.  The
failure mode was not intuitive and IMO if the modules are mutually
exclusive they should log something if the user tries to load both.

The long story: The 3.4 update tried to clear my config.inc.php and in
reconstructing the file from my previous config I was missing some
plugins (either they were new or renamed).  So I added all the
attachments plugins.  Which left me in this state.  I am still having
the problem with sieve not working so I am going to try recreating the
config files using setup-kolab and see if that leaves my config files in
a better state.

Eric