Apache is dead after upgrading Debian and Kolab

Thomas Luft thomas at die-lufts.org
Fri Jul 31 21:16:02 CEST 2015

Hi there,

I just upgraded Debian 7.0 to 8.1 and also Kolab 3.3 to 3.4. Everything
worked fine, but after the upgrade the apache is dead. The logfiles are
empty and apache just does not react.

I deleted Kolab and Apache (Apache with --purge) and did a clean install
of Apache 2.4 while having the Kolab repositories deactivated. After
that Apache did work again. After enabling the repos again and
re-installing Kolab I again can't access the web server and there are
still no logs.

Does anyone have an idea where to start investigating?

Kind regards

Thomas